Ok, so at the time of the last post on June 18, I knew Ben and I would soon try to become pregnant. What I didn't know is how fast it would happen! We have not told extended family and friends that we're pregnant because it's so early (7 weeks). And I haven't told anyone about this blog yet, but the family and friends I will tell about it might be interested to read about things that went on at the beginning of the pregnancy. We had our first ultrasound on August 5 (6 weeks, 1 day pregnant). The doctor said everything looked normal and the baby was the appropriate size for how far along I was. So, good news there! I have been feeling OK...nausea is off and on. Vomiting is very intermittent...usually only happens when I have gone several hours without eating. The most troublesome thing I'm experiencing right now is the fatigue...I'm so tired I can barely keep my eyes open and my head off my desk at work! Hopefully, it will just be a few more weeks until I have the spurt of energy everyone talks about in the 2nd trimester!
Anyway, the Lord has blessed us! I was shocked at how soon He blessed us, but everything happens according to His perfect timing. It has taken some time for both Ben and me to get over the anxiety of how our lives are about to change, but we are trusting that God has it under control even if we feel out of control! We are overjoyed and cannot wait to meet "Peanut" Posson! :)
Here is the ultrasound. It's kind of small, but if you look closely, you can see little "Peanut" on the top left side of the amniotic sack (the black kidney-shaped thing). There are 2 x's on either end of "Peanut". That was the doctor taking measurements.
Anyway, the Lord has blessed us! I was shocked at how soon He blessed us, but everything happens according to His perfect timing. It has taken some time for both Ben and me to get over the anxiety of how our lives are about to change, but we are trusting that God has it under control even if we feel out of control! We are overjoyed and cannot wait to meet "Peanut" Posson! :)
Here is the ultrasound. It's kind of small, but if you look closely, you can see little "Peanut" on the top left side of the amniotic sack (the black kidney-shaped thing). There are 2 x's on either end of "Peanut". That was the doctor taking measurements.
When I look at these pictures I am in awe of the Lord! He knew little "Peanut" before time began, and He loves him/her more than Ben or I ever could!
"What is the price of five sparrows? A couple of pennies? Yet God does not forget a single one of them. And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are more valuable to Him than a whole flock of sparrows." Luke 12:6-7




No comments:
Post a Comment