Ben and I went to see the doctor again yesterday. No ultrasound or exam was done so I don't have any new pictures of "Peanut" to post, but we did get to hear the heartbeat. She monitored it for about 2 minutes, said she was picking up both my heart rate and the baby's, but all I could hear was mine. AND THEN WE HEARD...whoosh, whoosh, whoosh going 90 to nothing and we knew that was our little one! :) She monitored it for about 3 minutes total and said it wavered between 150-160 beats per minute which is a good strong heartbeat! If you believe in old wives tales, this heart rate would mean we're having a girl. But I don't believe in any of them, so we'll just have to wait and see. We're really hoping that at the next visit (17 weeks) we'll get to have an ultrasound, "Peanut" will be in a good position, and we'll be able to find out boy or girl! Well, that's all there is in baby news! I'll update again in a few weeks with another pic of the belly.
A Year Later
10 years ago




oh the "whoosh, whoosh, whoosh"
ReplyDeletemay be the only thing I enjoyed about being pregnant... that wonderful sound of proof that a miracle was taking place right inside of me! we are so excited for you both! congrats again!