Friday, March 12, 2010

No Group B For Me!

Well, it's been 2 weeks since my last post, and not a whole lot has happened in that time. I found out I do NOT have Group B strep, so I do not have to receive antibiotics during delivery! Praise God for that answered prayer! I am still not dilated. My doctor said yesterday, that I have some softening happening, but everything is still closed. She could tell I was disappointed and told me not to internalize it because I can't control when it happens. Well, of course not! I don't feel guilty! I'm just plain tired of being pregnant! She told me if I don't have her by my due date (which is the 30th), she will go ahead and induce me. She doesn't want the baby getting much bigger. So, we know that some time in the next 2 1/2 weeks, little Emily will make her appearance! She was wriggling around this morning right after I woke up, and I told Ben that she said good morning, and then said "Just think! In at least 2 1/2 weeks, you'll get to KISS her good morning!" His eyes got kind of big, but he also had a big smile creep across his face. We're both really excited about meeting her!
Another prayer request...my doctor is going out of town with her kids next week for Spring Break! When she told me this I said, "Oh Lord, I'll have this baby when you're not here!" She said, "No you won't, Andrea! You're going to cross your legs and hold her in because I would be insulted if you had this baby while I'm not here!" :)~ I'm praying she's right. She'll be back at work on the 22nd, so Emily just has to stay put for another 10 days. I know it doesn't really matter who delivers the baby as long as they're an MD, but I'd really like my doctor to be there since I've gone through all of this with her and she knows me, my personality, and my issues. I do have another check up next week, but it will be with a different doctor.
I realize I haven't posted belly pictures in a long while, so I will have Ben take some pics this evening and post them then. Today is also my last day of work...Ben and I have decided I will attempt being a stay-at-home mom. We're stepping out in faith that this is what the Lord wants us to do. We're going to be dirt poor, but He's never left His own begging bread on the streets! We have confidence that He will provide!

3 comments:

  1. You'll both be smothering her with kisses! I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet you are surprised I'm on here! Can't wait to meet Emily!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dirt poor can still buy peanut butter & jelly and raman noodles. So, you have that to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete