Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Long Time No Blog...I Know, I Know!

Emily is now 2 months old, and I haven't blogged since she was born...I know, I know! Let's just say that adjusting to being a mom has been hard. I had some pretty rough baby blues for the first 4 weeks or so, and I'm still trying to figure this whole mom thing out! So...I'm sorry I haven't posted pictures in a while, but this post should catch you all up.
Here's a rundown of what's been going on with Emily since she was born. She had a little jaundice when she was new. She had to have her bilirubin count tested (heel pricked) 3 times which I think was harder on mama than it was on Emily! We sat her in her swing in the window, and she got over that in the first few weeks. At her one month appointment, she weighed 9 lbs. 8 oz. (60th percentile), was 21 3/4 inches long (75th percentile), and her head was 15 inches in circumference (90th percentile). The doctor gave her an A+! Since then, she has continued to grow...a lot! We put her on our bathroom scale a few days ago, and she was close to 12 lbs. Her 2 month check up is scheduled for tomorrow morning, so we'll know for sure what her current weight and length are then. She also receives a bunch of immunizations tomorrow, so pray for us!!! She has gotten very good at holding her head up. She laughs, smiles, kicks, and coos all day long! She started sleeping through the night on the 13th of this month, and last night actually slept 9.5 hours...Mommy has been very thankful for that! She's a handful, but an absolute blast! Here are some pics picking up from about a week old to just a few days ago....
You can see the jaundice in the whites of my eyes. :(

My first bath...I hated sponge baths, but now that my umbilical cord has fallen off and I can sit in the warm water, I LOVE bathtime!!!


Sunbathing in my swing when I still had jaundice. Those headrests have been taken out because I'm now too long for them! I was sooo tiny!

Auntie Katie & Uncle Chris came to visit for Easter! She's my favorite Aunt! :)~
My Uncle Chris is a hero! He's a Marine and currently in Afghanistan serving our country. When he comes home in 6 months, I'll be a big girl!!!
Big yawn!!!

Daddy loves to hold me when he gets home from work!

No pictures while I'm sleeping please!

I said no pictures!

Whoa baby!
Naptime...

Ugh...waking up from that nap!

All fresh and clean after bathtime!

Chillin' in my robe!

Passed out on the couch...

Mommy was burping me, and Daddy was talking to me. I started laughing and smiling at Daddy, so he grabbed the camera to get a few smiley pics!

Daddy's funny!

Whoa! What's he doing now?

That was hilarious!!!
They're not kidding when they say having a baby changes everything! But I can't imagine my life without her! I love you, my Emmy B!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh she is so precious! Can't wait to see her again... she's changing SO much!

    ReplyDelete