Thursday, October 22, 2009

17 Week Check Up

There's really not much new to report. The 17 week visit was a short one. What took the longest was waiting on the doctor to come to my exam room! She listened to the heartbeat again. Gave me a little scare because it took her about a full minute to find it, but once she did, it was steady and strong at 140 beats per minute! The next visit will be at 21 weeks. I am scheduled for an ultrasound. The doctor will be taking measurements, checking to make sure everything is developing well, and looking for little boy or little girl parts! Yippee! Can't wait to get started on the nursery!
I seem to be staying healthy and am not having any serious issues with the pregnancy. The only thing my doctor is concerned about is that when I go in for a visit, my blood pressure sky rockets from anxiety. It's been high every time I've gone, and between the 13 week and 17 week marks, she had me monitor it. While at home, my blood pressure is completely normal, but it's something about checking on the status of my unborn child that makes me nervous. So, I spent some time last night praying about giving things over to Him. Whether we like it or not, worry is a sin. It's a trust and control issue. I've always been a worrier, and I've always been a control freak when it comes to my life. I think He's trying to teach me that I don't have control over anything whether I deceive myself into thinking I do or not. He is in control, and thank goodness for that! I found a verse last night that helps calm me and will be something I recite when I feel anxiety coming on. "Let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body, you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful." - Colossians 3:15. I've been broken, and sometimes that's the only way He can get through to us. It's a little embarassing to admit to such an immature issue, but I need people on my team encouraging me and praying for me. So, for all you who are regular prayers, please lift "Peanut" and me up, and ask that I lay my fears and worries at the foot of the cross and actually leave them there! :) Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment