Monday, November 30, 2009

"Peanut" is a "She-nut"!!!

I know, I know...I'm 2 weeks behind on a new post! About 2 weeks ago, we went to the doctor for another check up and an ultrasound. My blood work from the previous visit came back, and all is good. My blood pressure at this appointment was SO MUCH better...my doctor was impressed! Praise God! And we found out our little one is a GIRL! :)
I would normally post ultrasound pictures at this point, but we really didn't get any good pics this time. Ben and I are not sure what my doctor was printing exactly. One was the top of her head (not exciting), one was a monitor of the heartbeat (which was 156 bpm, but again, not exciting), one was something we can't identify, and the last one she printed was supposed to be of her face, but just as the doctor hit print, Baby Girl moved her head back and put her arm up in front of her face. So, her head was too far back for the ultrasound to pick it up, and all you see is a little forearm and a fist (not exciting). So, sorry, no pictures this time!
We have not yet decided on a name. I thought we were down to 2 names, but as we were driving home from the last visit, I was informed by my husband that we had to start all over in the naming process! So, we've narrowed it down to 17 possible names so far. I know that sounds like a lot, but it's actually quite a short list compared to the thousands we started with! We should have a definite name picked out in the next few weeks!
I'm pretty sure we've decided on a pastel yellow for the nursery walls. The furniture will be black, and the bedding and decor will be several bright, bold colors (lime green, red, dark pink, blue, yellow). I've never been a big fan of baby pink, so we're kind of going neutral with the decor. We will be registering for all the goods in a few weeks (when we have time...Christmas time is a busy time...sheesh!). And we'll start having baby showers late January and into February. I'm getting very excited about the whole nesting process!!! :)
So, anyway, things are going really well. The baby is growing right on schedule and looks to be healthy. She is very active (especially at night, much to her mother's chagrin)! Please keep us all in your prayers, and I'll post again after my next doctor appointment.
"I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my spokesman to the world." - Jeremiah 1:5

1 comment:

  1. I thought you said you were posting belly pics... I don't see any!!

    Oh I can't wait for the shower time! Fun stuff. If you want help registering, give me a call and we can get together one day! Love to you both!

    ReplyDelete