Sunday, December 13, 2009

Emily Bly Posson

Well, we've decided on a name! Emily Bly Posson. I think it's quite lovely. Emily is a name that Ben has liked since day 1 and one I wasn't ecstatic about at first but has since grown on me. Bly is Ben's Grandma's middle name. My mother-in-law (soon to be called Grams) gave me a book of Ben's family geneology to look at while we were there at Thanksgiving. We saw Ben's Grandma's name and fell in love with Bly immediately. It's not a name you hear every day and some people look at us weird when we say it, but I absolutely adore it and think it goes really well with Emily.

It's been almost 8 weeks since I last posted pictures of the growing belly. So, it's overdue and here we go...these are at 24 weeks, 5 days pregnant!




As you can see, a lot of growing has happened in 8 weeks time! :) When people ask me how far along I am and I tell them, most say I don't look big enough to be that far along. My reply is "That's funny, 'cause I feel like Shamu!" I have been struggling a bit with the body image. I've put on about 20 pounds so far which is about normal I think, but it doesn't make you feel very good when you see a girl standing in line at Freebird's who is probably farther along than you and she looks like a supermodel except for her protuding stomach. I literally came close to crying...I felt so big compared to her!

Anyway, enough about that. Ben finally moved the desk that was in Emily's room into our formal living area a few weeks ago with the help of our friend, Kevin. I've got a few more small things to get out of the room, and I still have to clean out her closet. Once that's done, Ben will get started painting...hopefully the week after Christmas! I'm very excited about getting her room in order! I think I'll be spending my quiet times in there once it's put together! :)

We registered at Babies-R-Us this past Saturday. THAT was an adventure! I've never seen so much stuff in all my life. While searching the aisles for cloth diapers, Ben said, "For someone so small, she sure does need a lot of crap!" It took us 4 hours to find and scan everything, but now we can say it's done! It was intimidating and kind of scary since it made me realize even more how much I don't know what I'm doing, but I know I'll have a lot of help from Mem, Grams, and Grannon (my mom, my mother-in-law, and our pastor's wife)!

My next appointment is this coming Thursday, the 17th. I will be tested for gestational diabetes at this one...let's pray I don't have that! I really don't think I do, but still, let's pray! :) I think that's all that's been going on in the past 4 weeks. Time has been flying by and our sweet Emily will be here before we know it! I can't hardly wait!

1 comment:

  1. You look fabulous!

    I'll be praying for you on Thursday. Drinking that crap is absolutely terrible... or at least it was for me. So yes, I'll be praying!

    Love the name. We already told Logan so I'm excited to show him your belly picture now and refer to it as "baby Emily." Ever since I was pregnant, he's gotten really into the "baby in the tummy" thing!

    So excited for you... gonna go take a look at the registry and be reminded of how many cute things there are out there! Love to all *three* of you!

    ReplyDelete