Thursday, December 17, 2009

25 Week Check-Up

My appointment today went really well!!! My blood pressure was completely normal...122/77! Praise the Lord! My doctor was elated! I had a glucose test done. I was not looking forward to drinking the sugary stuff, but it really wasn't that bad, and since I had not eaten in the 12 hours prior to that, it really woke Emily up! I was sitting in the exam room waiting on the doctor, and I leaned back and just watched my stomach move and twitch and jump in every direction. She was bouncing off the walls! When the doctor came in, we listened to her heart and boy was it beating loud and fast! The doctor said, "Yep, that's the sugar!" Emily and I are doing perfectly fine. Everything looks normal. We should get the results for the glucose test in the next 2 weeks. I see my doctor again in 4 weeks. We'll have another ultrasound done this time at the hospital's imaging center, so hopefully, we'll get some good pictures of Emily! Then after that visit I start going every 2 weeks! I can't believe how fast the time is passing by! As I was setting up my next appointment, one of the nurses asked me if I had registered with the hospital. I of course said no, and she instructed me that I needed to do this soon. So, before I left, I went downstairs and registered for labor & delivery! The hospital has our names and is expecting us in March! It's going to be here so soon, and I get more and more excited every day! Anyway, just wanted to share that my appointment was great...14 weeks, 5 days and counting down!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment