Thursday, February 25, 2010

35 Week Appointment

In all the excitement of the nursery and showers, I forgot to post anything about my 33 week visit. It was totally unexciting. She listened to Emily's heartbeat (which was 148bpm), asked me if I had any questions (which I didn't), and that was basically it.
There's a little more to tell about the visit I had today, though. The doctor listened to her heartbeat again, of course. It was strong and fast. All good on that front. She did a group B strep test, which for those of you who don't know, is a bacterial infection that can reside in the birth canal. It is no threat to me, but if I have it, I will have to be put on IV antibiotics during labor and delivery to keep Emily from contracting it during her birth. It's not really a huge deal, but I'd like to not have to worry about it, so we're praying that comes back negative. She also checked me for dilation and effacement. No action yet! At first I was a little disappointed because I'm so uncomfortable and would like to get this show on the road, but I realize that it's in Emily's best interest to stay put until we're full term, so I'm ok with it. My blood pressure was great...128/72! When my doctor came in and didn't say anything about it, I asked, "Did you see my blood pressure?!?" She said, "Yes, but I don't want to talk about it in case we jinx it!" Haha!
I had a few Braxton Hicks contractions last week, but they were so sporadic in duration and time between that I knew it wasn't actual labor...besides the fact that I'm sure actual labor will be much more painful!
Everything looks good. I start seeing my doctor every week now. I probably won't post about every appointment between now and show time, but when the results of the group B test come back and when I start to dilate, I will be sure to let everyone know!
It's just a waiting game now...4 weeks, 5 days and still counting down! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment