On Memorial Day weekend, we headed to San Antonio! This would be Emily's first extended road trip, her first time to meet her Uncle Elliot and the rest of the Wade/Posson clan, and her first attempt at the pool.
The trip there was exhausting. We didn't get to leave town until around 6:30PM on Friday because we had to wait for Ben to get off work. Emily was already getting tired and fussy, and being in the carseat was pretty close to the last thing she wanted to do. So, we had about 30 minutes of blood curdling scream half way into the trip. It doesn't sound that bad when I write it out, but it was hard listening to that and not being able to do anything about it! We got to Grams and Gramps' house at about 10PM. We immediately changed her into her pjs and then let her meet her Uncle Elliot and soon-to-be Aunt Bree for a while before putting her to bed.
Checking this guy named Uncle Elliot out!
Watchin' TV with Dad on Saturday morning! I'm getting good at holding my head up!
I had changed into my bathing suit and Great Grandma Posson wanted to hold me. She laughed and laughed at all my funny expressions!
(The pool was no fun! Mom slathered me up with sunscreen and stuck a hat on my head all for about 20 seconds in the pool! The water was too cold...she should have known I would hate that!)

Great Uncle Mark had a special touch! I slept on him for close to 2 hours!

Daddy makes me smile!

Grams and Gramps let Mommy and Daddy go on a date Saturday night, so they got to feed me, change me, and give me a bath! Here I am splashin' in the water!
Great Uncle Mark had a special touch! I slept on him for close to 2 hours!
Daddy makes me smile!
Grams and Gramps let Mommy and Daddy go on a date Saturday night, so they got to feed me, change me, and give me a bath! Here I am splashin' in the water!
The trip home was much better! We left around lunch time on Monday, and she was in a much better mood. We had to stop on the side of the road to change a couple of poopy diapers, but other than that she did great on the way back! All in all, a good trip and a fun time at Grams and Gramps'!




No comments:
Post a Comment