Thursday, September 30, 2010

Emmy's World

Ok, so I'm really behind on blog posts as I have been reminded by a lot of people lately! ;) A lot has taken place in the last 2 months, so I will do my very best to catch you all up! Here goes nothing!
  • At the end of July, we took a trip to Grams and Grandpa's house (Ben's parents) in San Antonio!
  • On August 1, a college roommate of mine gave birth to her baby girl, Sophia! They live in the Woodlands. We went to visit them the weekend after she was born. She is so beautiful!
  • Then we headed to Conroe for cousin Ryan's 1st birthday party on August 14! We had a blast hanging out with family!
  • On August 19, Emily turned 5 months old. She was not scheduled for a doctor's visit, but she was having some digestive issues so we saw Dr. Eisner anyway. She weighed in at 18 lbs. 6 oz.! Since it was not a checkup appointment, they did not take her length or head circumference.
  • On August 18, Grams and Grandpa celebrated their 32nd wedding anniversary! And on August 20, Mem and Granddad celebrated their 33rd wedding anniversary! Such awesome examples of long lasting, godly marriages!
  • Emily got her first 2 teeth on August 21! The 2 front teeth on her bottom gums finally poked through! Thank the Lord 'cause they were really hurting her!
  • At the end of August, Ben and I bought a "new" car. Not really new, but new to us! We got a 2007 Honda Pilot. It's an SUV, has a TON more room than the Camry I was driving, and is so much easier to get Emily in and out of! Praise the Lord for His provision!
  • The next weekend, we took a trip to Mem and Granddad's house (Andrea's parents) in Gatesville. For some reason, I have no pictures of this time with them. Mommy is not always very good at making sure the camera is brought and used!
  • September 10 through the 12, Ben went on a bay fishing trip with his company. He got pretty sunburned, but had a good time and caught a lot of fish!
  • That same weekend, Katie came down to Houston to spend the next 9 days with us! I really enjoyed having the companionship, and she really helped a lot with Emily...not to mention all the work she did cooking up a spectacular meal for Emily's dedication day!
  • Emily was dedicated to our Lord on September 19. The service was beautiful, and she "behaved" so well on stage! Again, praise Jesus!
  • On September 19, Emily also turned 6 months old! She visited the doctor for a checkup and more vaccinations...blah. Her weight was 20 lbs. 4 oz. and her length was 27 inches (95th and 85th percentiles respectively)! She's a biggin'! :) They did take her head circumference, but I don't think they told me what it was. She did NOT appreciate the shots, and was extremely fussy the rest of the day. No physical side effects, but boy she was not herself!
  • Then on September 25, we went back to Conroe for cousin Logan's 4th birthday party! And I think that puts us up to present day! :)
Busy, busy!
Now for Emily's developments:
  • She got her first 2 teeth and is working on the top ones now I believe.
  • She can sit up by herself for a few minutes at a time.
  • She can roll both ways...back to tummy, tummy to back.
  • She scoots on her belly all over the place...no more staying put.
  • She's making "b" and "d" sounds. A lot of "dadadada" going on at our house!
  • She also loves to blow raspberries and spits on anything and everything around her.
  • She's sleeping 10.5 - 11 hours a night. Bedtime is usually at 8:30 at night, and she wakes up some time around 7:00-7:30 in the morning. This is a HUGE blessing for Mommy!
  • She takes 2-3 one hour long naps per day.
  • She's now taking four 7 oz. bottles and a full jar of baby food split up between 2 feedings per day.
  • She's full of smiles, is so much fun, and the biggest blessing of our lives!

Now for pictures (I put the date next to the captions so you could determine how old Emily is in each):

Me and my mommy...we hang out a lot! (7/26)
Chillin' in the tub! (7/29)

Eatin' sweet potatoes at Grams and Grandpa's house! (7/30)

All ready for a swim in my Grams and Grandpa's pool! (7/31)

Swimming with Grams! (7/31)

Duncan loves to swim with us too! (7/31)

Duncan about to jump in after the burger toy! (7/31)

I didn't really seem to care much about the pool...not excited, not upset...just there! (7/31)

My bottom gums were hurting pretty bad, so Grams helped me out some! (7/31)

Napping in Grams' boppy pillow! (7/31)

Playing in my exersaucer at Grams and Grandpa's house! (8/1)

Me and cousin Fielding hanging out under the gazebo...he just got engaged a few weeks ago to beautiful Tina! Congratulations, you guys! (8/1)

Playing in my bumbo...in nothing but a diaper...I much prefer to be dressed this way! (8/14)

In my bumbo again, but in a pretty pink dress this time! (8/15)

Daddy liked my pink dress so much that he wanted to take my picture while I had it on...can you tell I like to chew on it??? (8/15)

Right after my last bottle for the day...I was oh so tired and ready for bed! (8/16)

But then Daddy said, "Hey, Emily!" and I decided to wake up and cheese for the camera! (8/16)

Playing on the couch...I don't stay put much anymore! (8/17)

Look how long I am! (9/2)

Pretty eyes! (9/2)

My daddy went on a fishing trip with his company...look how much they caught! (9/11)


Dedication day! Me and Grams before the service! (9/19)

Mommy's got me now...I was such a good girl during the service! (9/19)

All of my family at church before the dedication service...expect for Grandpa...he was taking the picture! (9/19)

My mommy sang "Lead Me to the Cross" at the service with Grannon (Connie), Natalie, and Shelbi! (9/19)

Me with cousin Jessica and cousin Logan...I was very interested in his cool sippy cup! (9/19)

This is all the delicious food my wonderful Aunt Katie made for the festivities after the service! (9/19)

My friend Parker hangin' out in the window! (9/19)

My cousin Ryan beboppin' around the house! (9/19)

Me with my Uncle Elliot and soon-to-be Aunt Bree! They are getting married in less than 2 months! (9/19)

Hangin' out with Mem! (9/19)

Mommy was opening some of the gifts I was given, but I thought this gift bag was way more fun! (9/19)

Still playing with the bag! (9/19)

These are the beautiful altar flowers my Grams and Grandpa gave in my honor! (9/19)

I love to play on the floor...I scoot on my belly all over the place! (9/22)

Look how high up I can get on my arms! Now if I could just get my knees under me, I'd be outta here! (9/22)

It started to get warm in the afternoon, so my mommy took my pants off of me...and then she put them on my head! Silly Mommy! (9/22)

Checkin' in with my peeps on facebook! :)~ I love all things with buttons...the computer, the TV remote, and the playstation controller! (9/24)

I was sitting on the couch...and then I fell over! I'm working on it! (9/24)

All ready for church! Again, Daddy loves it when I'm all dressed up and always wants to take my picture in my pretty dresses! (9/26)

The weather turned nice and cool, so Mommy decided it was time to go outside and get some fresh air! (9/27)

Just playing in the backyard! (9/27)


I will try to be better about posting more often...things just tend to get a little hectic and looking after a 6 month old doesn't always allow for a lot of Mommy time! Also, Mem and Granddad bought us an awesome video camera back in June. Once Ben shows me how to get the videos off the camera, I will post some that we've taken of Emily so you can see her in action! That's all for now! God bless you all!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much, A.J., for sharing beautiful Emily and your lives with us! We are sooo blessed to call you family. I love you!

    ReplyDelete