Emily turned 4 months old yesterday! I can't believe she's already 1/3 of the way through her first year! Time flies when you're having fun! She had her 4 month check up with Dr. Eisner yesterday. She received the same vaccinations at this visit that she did at her 2 month check up. She did great with the shots. There was some screaming and crying, but it didn't last long, and she had no reaction (other than a lot of sleeping). Her measurements were:
Head circumference: 16 1/2 inches (80th percentile)
Length: 25 6/8 inches (90th percentile)
Weight: 16 lbs. 8 oz. (95th percentile)
She's still a healthy, growing girl! I mentioned to the doctor that for the last few weeks, Emily had only been sleeping about 6 hours at night and would wake up to eat whereas at 3 months, she was sleeping 8-10 hours. The doctor said the formula is just not enough anymore to hold her over at night. She said Emily is a tad heavy for her length, so she wanted to stay away from the cereals...we don't want to chub her up any more while she's still not able to move around and burn those calories. So, she suggested we start her on some veggies and fruits along with a bottle before she goes to bed to get her through the night! So, last night, we debuted solid foods with squash! It was a mess for sure, but so much fun to see her enjoying something new! She looked like such a big girl in her highchair and bib. As far as new things she's doing, we haven't really hit any milestones yet. She's not quite sitting up on her own, but is getting close. She's also getting really, really close to rolling over. I expect that to happen within the next month for sure. Anyway, that's really all the 4 month news, so here's a bunch of pictures from the last month:
Hi! My name's Emily! What's yours?
I still love to swing! I talk alot when I'm swinging!
I'm a future Aggie for sure! I already know how to give the Gig 'Em sign!
I'm ready to go to Wednesday night services at church! The nursery ladies love it when I show up lookin' cute!
Here I am before my friend, Anna's, birthday party...just thinking about all the fun makes me tired!
Anna's little brother, Grady, is only 2 1/2 weeks younger than me...he doesn't like it when I try to hold his hand!
This is my friend Anna and me! She turned two this year!
The birthday girl after the party! Out of gas!

Daddy loves it when I dress up for church!

My dress is so pretty, don't you think?!?

Here I am playing video games with Daddy!

What??? I couldn't find my pacifier...lay off!!!
Daddy loves it when I dress up for church!
My dress is so pretty, don't you think?!?
Here I am playing video games with Daddy!
What??? I couldn't find my pacifier...lay off!!!
I like to watch TV in my bumbo!

Here I am belly laughing while Daddy takes my picture. This is my Mommy's new favorite picture...pure joy!

I like to watch So You Think You Can Dance with my Daddy! We're talking about whether the last dancers will get voted for.

Whoa...I didn't know you were there!

Hi!

I love playtime with my Daddy...he's so much fun!

Me and my favorite boy! :)

I fall asleep in my car seat almost everytime we head out...I can't help it!

I still love bathtime...like my mohawk?!?

Aaaaaaaaa....Gig 'Em Aggies! A-Whoop!

Here I am just relaxin' in my bumbo next to Mommy! I also love to watch and laugh at Duncan!

I took my pacifier out, my arms went flailing, and this is where it ended up!

Nap time...look how long I am!
Here I am belly laughing while Daddy takes my picture. This is my Mommy's new favorite picture...pure joy!
I like to watch So You Think You Can Dance with my Daddy! We're talking about whether the last dancers will get voted for.
Whoa...I didn't know you were there!
Hi!
I love playtime with my Daddy...he's so much fun!
Me and my favorite boy! :)
I fall asleep in my car seat almost everytime we head out...I can't help it!
I still love bathtime...like my mohawk?!?
Aaaaaaaaa....Gig 'Em Aggies! A-Whoop!
Here I am just relaxin' in my bumbo next to Mommy! I also love to watch and laugh at Duncan!
I took my pacifier out, my arms went flailing, and this is where it ended up!
Nap time...look how long I am!
Oh, little Emily! Your Daddy and I love you so much! And we love the little things you do:
- how you smile at yourself in the mirror
- how you crack up laughing when the dog walks by
- how social you are...you always have smiles for anyone and everyone
- the way your face lights up when Daddy comes home from work
- how you do the same thing for either of us when we pick you up from the nursery at church
- how some of your best naps are ones where you're curled up next to Mommy
- how when you wake up in the morning and Mommy comes in to get you, the first thing you do when you see her is smile
- how your arms and legs go flailing when you get excited
- how you love to make big splashes in the bathtub and get Mommy or Daddy all wet
- how when you're fussy and whiney and Mommy starts to sing, you stop everything, watch, and listen intently...you already love music
- how you could probably watch the ceiling fan all day if you didn't have to stop to eat
- your little hands, your little feet, your little ears, your little nose, your little giggles, and pretty much everything else about you!
You're only 4 months old, and there's already so much about you we cherish!
Tomorrow is our 4th wedding anniversary! We've been through and accomplished a lot in the last 4 years, and I love Ben and I think he loves me just as much if not more than our wedding day 4 years ago. I love you, Benji!!! The Lord has been so good to me...He gave me you and then He gave me Emily. Thank you for being my knight in shining armor and loving me even when I'm unlovable! You're more than I could have ever asked for!




Wow! 4 months! and we've only seen her once! There is something really wrong with that!
ReplyDeleteShe is so precious! Definitely looks like a Strain! Food time is fun and here's to hoping it helps her sleep better!